Looking for a more affordable flooring material? Vinyl flooring is a very resilient and versatile option, and depending on the type you choose, it can cost considerably less than other materials. Vinyl isn’t just for kitchens any more. With all the new styles available, many people are using it for bathrooms, laundry room and entryways.
Give us a call, and we’ll stop out, take a measurement of the area you want to cover, and give you an estimate for the vinyl flooring that’s right for you.
Vinyl Flooring types:
- Tile – 12 or 18-inch squares. Tiles are the easiest to install, and make repairs easy because you only have to replace the individual tiles that are damaged.
- Sheet – 6 or 12-foot widths in prepared rolls. Sheet vinyl is perfect for bathrooms because it can be installed seamlessly, which will make it more resistant to the moisture.
- Plank looks like hardwood but is easier to install, and much less expensive. It typically comes in four or six inch wide strips.
Vinyl Flooring Care
- Keep vinyl floors clean – like all flooring, regular cleaning is the best way to keep floors looking like new. Only use cleaners designed for vinyl flooring. Sweeping frequently will keep dirt from grinding in to the material.
- Avoid using too much water on the vinyl flooring. Be sure to mob up excess water when cleaning to prevent damaging the floor.
- Rinse any cleaners off well. The film left behind by soap scum actually collects dirt.
- Use protective pads under furniture to prevent damage. This includes replacing rolling coasters with felt pads.
- Avoid dragging furniture across the vinyl floor.
Vinyl wood flooring is an affordable option which gives very stylish and pleasing results. Being a durable and versatile option, vinyl tile flooring is opted for by property owners who wish for highly serviceable and easy to maintain flooring.
A good vinyl flooring company like S&D Flooring can help transform your home through their expert flooring installation and finishing services. You can enjoy a vinyl flooring which complements the theme of your house and helps you enjoy a charming home interior.