Witnessing highest sales in the recent times, vinyl flooring is growing to become a common flooring option for households in the US. And why not, they imitate the natural look and feel of organic wood.
But come to think of it: is vinyl flooring the right option for you? Here are some interesting facts about the luxurious vinyl plank flooring that you should check out before making the investment:
Types of Vinyl Flooring
Generally, there are two types of vinyl flooring:
- Vinyl sheet flooring:This kind of flooring is laid down in sheets which are approximately 6-12 feet wide. The best part about this flooring is that it’s resistant to water and can be installed easily.
- Vinyl tile flooring:This flooring typically comes in tiles that are about 9 to 12 sq. inches in size. They have a striking similarity with ceramic; however, they’re much more affordable. Moreover, you will usually find them in plank shapes.
Types of Vinyl Flooring Finishes
There are 3 beautiful vinyl flooring finishes:
- Vinyl no-wax finish:This one is probably the lightest finishing type of all. Ideally, this finishing is done on floors that encounter minimum amount of traffic and contact with moisture and grime.
- Urethane finish:This finish is a far more resilient. That’s because it’s heavy, and can easily endure medium to high traffic. Not only is it scratch-resistant, but also simpler to clean.
- Enhanced Urethane finish:This finishing option is the toughest of all. Capable of accommodating highest amounts of traffic, they possess tremendous resistance to scratches, and benefit from long-lasting luster with minimal maintenance.
Easy to Install
Installing vinyl floor is far easier than other flooring options available in the market today. For instance, floating sheets do not need staples or glue. Rather, the peel-and-stick versions of vinyl can be easily stuck on to a subfloor that’s previously ready englishcollege.com. Moreover, vinyl flooring can easily be laid down over concrete, plywood and even hardwood floors. You can also install a new layer over existing vinyl flooring. But this is usually not recommended if there are already more than 2 layers.
Vinyl floors are usually soft under the feet. Some vinyl sheet and tile floorings comprise padded layers that make walking more comfortable than ever.
Furthermore, vinyl floors are often termed as ‘durable’ floor as they have high levels of elasticity. Lastly, they’re quieter and great sound-absorbers.
With plush, effective and durable vinyl plank flooring in your home, you can rest assured of stylishness, and consistent value addition over the years. Whether you’re interested in hardwood flooring, tile flooring, vinyl flooring or more in Garland, Murphy, Mesquite, TX, we’ll meet your flooring needs in the best possible manner. Click here or Call 214-801-9484today for estimates.